Friday, March 30, 2012

I can not find anything

Really. I can't. In my last post I told you about the painting that was in progress. Somehow that spiraled into a kitchen reno as well. Right now my stove is in the dining room. My fridge is in the middle of the kitchen floor.(at least it is functional) I have a kitchen sink but it isn't connected to a drain or water so dishes are being done in the bath tub. My kitchen 'stuff' is all over the living and dining rooms.
On the lower level, my sewing room is half in the family room and half in the laundry room. So sewing is a bit of a challenge right now. (I know where my camera is, but I can not get at it right now, so I can't show you the mess). My garage is, well lets just say you couldn't park a matchbook car in there right now.

Just to add to the general chaos, the painter couldn't come all week because his children were on spring break and he needed to be home when his wife went to work. The tile guy couldn't come because he had another job. So no progress this week at all.

Just to round out the week, my hubby got let go at work last night.

Thanks, just needed to vent a bit. I am done now.
Hope your week was better.
happy stitching

11 comments:

  1. Oh dear, what a frustrating exercise! I'm very sorry to hear about the hubby being let go. I hope that situation improves soon. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. When things like this happen, it means something better is on the way. It's gonna take its time getting there, but it will arrive eventually. Keep your chin up!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no....I am sorry for all your troubles. I will say a prayer that things get better for you soon and that your hubby gets called back to work or gets another (better) job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, what a set of challenges! I hope the workmen get finished soon and everything is put back into it's place. I would say until then, eat out (no cooking, no clean-up) but with DH being let go, maybe not. Hope he finds an even better job soon. Find some way to de-stress so this doesn't all get to you. I hope it all settles down soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I'm so sorry your hubby lost his job. I truly hope he finds something soon. Something better. :) Your kitchen sounds like a disaster and I had to giggle about washing dishes in the bathtub so I hope things come back together there soon. And maybe it's better you can't get to the camera - maybe you don't want to remember this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness! When it rains, it POURS doesnt it? I will pray for you and send you good thougts. I am sure things will get better (but it might take a while to get there!) We are in the middle of a huge reno too (mom and dads master suite was started shortly after the girls and I moved in!) so there are times where we only have the toilet down stairs and the kitchen sink working....the girls, mom, and I all now take showers at our health club. At this point it's more commical than upsetting. Hang in there and try to make some "me time" to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I giggled too about washing dishes in the bathtub; I soak my oven racks in the tub! The loss of a job at a time like this is not good ---(for anyone!). Maybe he can help with the reno during his time off, which I hope will not be long! I can understand the clutter you are living in right now. I've been helping my son this week; his entire house was flooded by a malfunctioning commode!Mattresses and furniture in a U-Haul on the drive; carpet ripped out and the rest of the furniture in the middle of the rooms with huge fans blowing to dry the baseboards and sheetrock! A huge mess indeed! Hope your problems are resolved soon! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Know how you feel on not having things where they should be....still moving into my place myself;) But it does feel good to get things in order. When it happens your mojo will be in full swing;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear, Beth. I'm so sorry. Chaos everywhere and job loss too. Hope your week gets better.

    (Do you find yourself thinking of pioneer life when things get like this? I do.)

    Let us hope for a day job for Captain O.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So I'm guessing it's not one o those 60 minute makeovers then? ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's good to vent. I notice you haven't blogged for quite a while! i hope this means that you are busy getting things to rights. Warm thoughts. Joan

    ReplyDelete