Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I got to my camera!

I climbed the mountain of stuff, risking life and limb (a little dramatic license) to get to the camera so I could start blogging again.  In January the DH announced that we were having the whole house painted. Told me to pick the colors. Then the chaos began.
The painter started with the bedrooms. So everyday after he was done I would have to empty another room. Or as much of it as I could. That was not much fun espicially in DD room. It was all going pretty smoothly until the bedrooms were done.
Then DH started adding more and more to the list of things to be done. He also told the painter if he got other jobs to take them and we would wait. Another decision not discussed with me.Anywho... the painter started coming maybe twice a week.  All at the same time the living room and dining room and kitchen and family room were torn up. Not many places left to go. I didn't mind cause I just went into the sewing room and worked on projects for work demos and classes.

Then he told me he was going to do the sewing room. It still isn't done and it has been 3 weeks. Lucky for me what is left is painting the closet and some trim that isn't finished. He can't get back here until Thursday. I am not waiting for that closet to get painted. I have moved all my quilting and knitting books back into the room. Later today the closet stuff will start going back in as well. Must.have.my.room.back. For my sanity.

I wish I could say that we have one room done but we don't. LOL I am getting new window treatments but making choices for the whole house at once is a bit overwhelming. I am sure that we will get there someday. Hopefully I am at least done moving the contents of the house from room to room.
I also noticed that this is my 100th post. Stay tuned I will be doing a giveaway this week.
Happy Stitching

9 comments:

  1. Hang in there, it must be so frustrating with all the upheavel but once it is done I'm sure it will be so worth it! Do domething small that you can enjoy and take lots of deep breaths!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are gonna love it! Now you have a dozen good excuses for new curtains and new hangings and new pillows and new, etc. Have fun!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you definitely need that sewing room back! The house refresher will feel good when it's done, hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the walls in the picures are the new paint, I just have to say it all looks great! You'll be living in style before you know it. My son and his wife are sleeping in their house tonight for the first time since the flood. He said they don't know where anything is, but at least it's all back in the house out of storage, and they don't have kitchen cabinet tops yet, but they will get to sleep in their own bed tonight, surrounded by boxes of who knows what! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my!! I just can't imagine! Sometimes I wish my DH would decide to do some painting, but, then again, maybe not! My sister (who I was visiting when we got together) has her house looking about like yours as she is getting floors sanded and stained as well as painting rooms and has to wait a month in between having some floors done and getting it finished, so she has dining & living room furniture stacked in the kitchen and study. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have had a nervous breakdown by now!
    I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Painting the whole house? Wow! (But I totally hear you about those decisions made without discussion...) Once it's done, you're going to be so happy to have your house back - you'll appreciate having the space you lost when moving everything around AND have pretty, fresh walls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe that the paint job is taking so long. My husband and I have painted full sized houses with a roller in a few days. Sorry you have had such troubles. But, when it is all done, it will be;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your hundredth post!

    Re the painting - on the bright side, the walls all look so clean and fresh.

    ReplyDelete