Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Monday Sewing

I have been in a bit of a sewing funk lately. I did start leading a block of the month group this month.  I made this top from Tula Pink's book "100 Modern Quilt Blocks"

 and we are using the book to do this BOM.. I selected three colorways, one is Kaffe and Kona cottons, one is all neutrals, and the last is more pastel-ish. We are working on color, combining colors, and accuracy. This is geared more toward beginners, in fact last year when I discussed the idea during (last year's) BOM they were excited to try it.  We will be doing 5 blocks a month for 6 months. At the first meeting they picked up their bundle of  FQs and every month they pick two more FQs. I am available to assist them with picking colors if they would like help.

The first session I was explaining everything to them and one lady asked "an we pick any FQ in the store"? I said yes and she said "Oh NO". I replied oh no? and she said too many choices. LOL

Since I already finished one top, I am using another layout in the book to make another top. It is all neutrals and is called Skyline. I kind of gravitate toward lots of color so using only neutrals is a challenge for me.

These are the blocks we are doing this first month.






More to come....Happy stitching!










10 comments:

  1. I really like your colorful quilt....but like black and white too! I have sent you emails over the past months....but get notified they didn't go through. Just know I appreciate your comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a color geek, too, but I really like the black and white blocks so far. It sounds like a fun project and you're ambitious to do 5 blocks per month. (I can do that many, but not usually 5 different ones...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would find the neutrals a challenge as well! I'm liking what you have so far though. Enjoy teaching the class - you seem so very organised!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that top picture blew me away. That's some lovely work! Good luck with your new project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like fun! I really like the quilt top and it will be interesting to see the neutral one as well. I agree, not my interest either, but I bet it will be striking. Are you going to make the Kaffe and Kona one also? That one will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. greaat quilts - and I love the idea of getting to choose whatever FQ they like - mens that everyone's quilts will be different and a real reflection of themselves. Love your colourful one, although the neutrals is looking cool, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors in the first quilt! Looks wonderful! Not sure I would like the one in neutrals, but it is good to stretch sometimes and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your color arrangement in the first quilt! No doubt the black and white one will be lovely too. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seminar luggage come in nearly all assortment, via louis vuitton replica for you to canvas. These kind of can even be made out of organic cotton. A lot of clientele are generally frugal while they wish to obtain their own personal seminar luggage. That may help you try and present organization luggage using at the very least the key capabilities. Try and decide on account manager luggage using rapid gain access to pouches pertaining to telephones as well as notebook computers along with distinct areas pertaining to wires, wiring, along with normal water wines. An enjoyable promoting louis vuitton replica handbag is designed with a dash involving pleasure along with enthusiasm to carry in management meetings. Previous, organization luggage ended up as outlined by neck sent types nevertheless currently, these are improved over the offering smaller for you to medium-sized lightweight, hands-transported versions. Through chanel outlet promoting seminar luggage, one can build seminar systems quickly. To put it succinctly, it provides cool along with specialized search. Management meetings url pros in search of corporate and business being familiar with worldwide. The necessity pertaining to chanel outlet add-ons, by way of example natural leather getting together with luggage features presumed increased relevance. Additionally, reinforced instances manage to turn into not possible excellent along with good quality seminar handbag. Almost all of the promoting luggage hold chanel outlet manages using adaptable neck bracelet as well as nylon product spin. That they can be bought in various variations, patterns, hues, along with sizes.

    ReplyDelete