Last year I taught a class on string quilts. I showed them the basics and my sample was just the strings put together (cause I was making lots of samples). I got my strings back and I bought some border fabrics to get it finished. I finally pulled it out of the closet and got the top finished. I thought I liked the colors I picked for the borders, but I am not really sure. BUT it stays and I will it finished.
Here is the strings quilt top:
My youngest daughter, saw a quilt she loved in the book "City Quilts". I picked out the fabric a while ago and put them neatly in a bin. :) Once they were suitable aged I pulled them out to start that quilt.
the first little pieces ready to start putting together looked like this
Some of the little pieces became bigger units
and then even bigger units. I had the last 12 rows together and was clipping threads when I clipped a hole in the sashing. So I had to unpick and unpick some more. I cut out the hole and pieced it back together.
The quilt still needs a small gray border but I need to get more gray from the shop.
I feel like I am getting some things done, but the pace is way slower than I would like.