The mice were actually supposed to be knit in the round, but I did not have size 1 double points so I decided to just use straight needles and sew up the mouse once I had it knitted. So I bought some DK weight yarn and got busy.
Once the body is knit, stuff with fiberfill. I found out the hard way that the mice look better a bit overstuffed.
Then of course each mouse needed two ears knit. Little, tiny ears. And a tail that is just a crochet chain.
Embroider a little nose and a couple of eyes.
Add the tail and ears and one mouse done. Yeah!!!! Repeat....
The finished clock.
I will not even tell you what my sister said to me when she saw it on Christmas eve, but the word nuts figured in there. ;) In case you are worried, this was not her 'main' gift.
I will be have some quilty pics to show you very soon.