Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday agian

Boy, time flies when you are busy doesn't it?  No finishes this week on quilty projects, but I have been sewing. I spent quite a bit of time unearthing all my UFOs for the Pat Sloan UFO busting challenge. Then I had to sort and count them. (See me sweat). Of course her forum 'quilt mashup' was all a buzz with everyone counting and sorting and posting.  It has been fun.

Still visiting Mom and Dad in their separate Assisted Living/Rehab facilities. It is sort of draining. My Dad is doing much better, but still having a lot of pain in his back where the fracture is. He is having a consult next week about having the procedure my Mom had a little over a year ago. The insert 'orthopedic cement' on either side of the bone which stabilizes the bone and decreases the pain. It worked well for Mom so I hope it helps Dad too. My sister is still here so she stays with our niece and runs Dad's household.

I did get my Halloween quilts up so I took pictures.  I'll share a couple.

The witch  is in

Sit a spell

Scrabble Jack

Halloween rail fence

Last night was guild. Lori Allison was the speaker, and she brought a trunk show. I really have to remember to take my camera to guild meetings. I usually don't because the room is so big that I don't think the photos would really show the quilts.  Lori's patterns are mostly big blocks using color to really pop the quilt. She uses a lot of Kaffe Fassett fabrics. It is always fun to be at guild with all those quilters in one room!!!

Happy stitching everyone.

9 comments:

  1. Guild sounded like a load of fun! Your Halloween projects are terrific. I sure hope your folks are on the mend soon. Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sooo love all your Halloween quilty stuff!!! That rail fence is a great idea to use up all the smaller leftover stuff of Halloween fabrics;)
    How fun;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "Come Sit a Spell" wall hanging! I'm wishing the best for both your mom and dad! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Halloween quilts

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like your house is ready for Halloween! They're all great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and I love all of your Halloween quilts. What fun!

    Hope your folks are feeling better soon, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some fun Halloween quilty goodness in your house! I hope the doctors are able to help your dad with his back pain, and I hope you're remembering to take care of yourself in there too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is wonderfully Halloween. One of these days I must do something Halloween. Hope that your Dad is better soon. Connie204

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your collection of Halloween quilts.
    I especially love the witch and the pumpkin!
    thanks for your recent comment on my blog -

    ReplyDelete