Sunday, April 7, 2013

In the middle pics

The actual physical part of the move went smoothly. The movers arrived on time and started to work. The way they pack the truck is totally amazing. Just over 2 hours later and the house was nearly empty. Another 2 hours at the apartment and the truck was empty. I must say they were no where near as good at putting things into storage in the basement.

Since the apartment was not really ready for prime time, we decided before the move that we would go back and sleep at the house. We left a TV and a chair. We had the air mattresses in the rented storage space. The DH was too tired to go get the air mattresses, said he would sleep on the carpet upstairs. I got us some food (Subway) and myself a camp chair. Just like camping, but without weather. The next day we started living at the apartment.

I will not bore you with all the details of living in a tiny space during reno, and painting. I just tried to put away what I could. I unloaded the whole basement storage and redid it so everything fit in it. The DH is still amazed. LOL

Things are not completely done yet, but I thought you might like an update. The Living room is mostly done, I have curtain rods going up tomorrow and a replacement for that cracked window has been ordered.

The kitchen has new stove and fridge. It has the "shells" of cabinets. I used two of the shelves from the linen closet to make a counter top for the microwave. I can not wait to get a sink.

The bathroom is done, except for a vanity light and a back splash for the sink.

Remember my favorite light fixture? Well this is the new one.

I am still changing the sewing room around trying to find a comfortable work set up. I think I might have found it.

Yesterday I went to the rented storage space and got a bunch of yarn, knitting books, and quilting books. There is still a ton more there, but there is still a little room here so I can bring some more home. It made me stupid happy to put that stuff in my room.

I will be back at work this week, and I hope my friends can help me find my mojo. It has been gone a long time this time.
Thanks to all my blogging friends for your support and encouragement.

Happy stitching.

8 comments:

  1. With that beautiful sunlight streaming in, you should be ready to sew like a maniac! And a stack of quilt books out of storage? That's mojo waiting to happen! Maybe all you need is a quick trip to a local quilt shop to complete the prescription for mojo return? I'm cheering you on from here! (And from what I see, the new place is looking good!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks very nice and bright Beth! Best wishes in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im with katie head to the quilt store that should get your creative juices flowing. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things are shaping up! Moving is such a job. Hmmm, a trip to the quilt shop sounds fun, something new to play with in your new space. Hope all continues to go well and your mojo returns soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks much better than the last photos! You'll be unpacking for months. It seems to take forever. Having your sewing/craft room set up will be great motivation to make things again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man! Moving is such a pain and then renovating on top of that and it's enough to push anyone right over the edge. Your new spaces look wonderful! And your sewing studio??? That will be a little slice of heaven on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure you will get things in order in no time! Then it will feel very good to be settled in. Getting the sewing room set up is VERY important and you have a heat start on that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that new light fixture....

    Getting things out of storage is a little like Christmas, I think. Especially if they've been in there long enough that you've forgotten you had them.

    Hope you have a kitchen sink now!

    ReplyDelete